How to Build a Cult Following for Your Business
Imagine a marketing strategy where your biggest supporters, your happy customers, and your loyal fans did all of the promoting for you. Where you could simply let other people rave about how great your products & services are.
Sounds great doesnât it? My guess is that you already have a number of people who love what you do. Why not make it super easy for them to spread the word for you?
How? Create a promo page.
A promotional page is a one-stop, easy to access, easy to use, handy place on your website with everything a person would need to share your business with others. The idea is to make is easy for customers, fans, family members, friends, collaborators, supporters, influencers, affiliates, bloggers, complementary biz owners, or any other awesome people you know to spread the word about your biz.
A promo page is a very flexible and useful tool: you can use it to promote one product or service that you are launching, you can use it to promote your business as a whole, you can use it to assist your official affiliate or referral partners, you can even use it to spread the word about a cause or whatever mission you are on.
If you would like to see an example of a promo page in action, Natalie Sisson from the suitcase entrepreneur put together a fantastic promo page for a recent project called $100 change.
So, what can you add to your promo page? Basically, anything that would make it easy for others to share what you do.
- A button or badge that people could add to their own website
- Shareable, pinnable images along with the pin it button
- An infographic that people could pin, tweet, share or add to a blog post
- Links to any relevant, shareable images you have on your Facebook page
- Click to tweet phrases & links
- Swipe copy that can easily be copied into Facebook, a blog post, or email
- Branded product photos, ready to be blogged, shared, or pinned
- A manifesto, worksheet, or printable that your fans would love to rave about
- Your profile photo & logo so that it is handy for people who need it
- Information & links on how to join your affiliate program or do a product review
You know how super fans of rock stars or movie starts give themselves a name?
Justin Bieber fans are called beliebers, Lady Gaga’s fans are called little monstersâŠ you can do the same thing. Let your fans be super fans!
Give them a name. Make them feel valued and special. Let them be part of the cause or the mission that got you started with your biz in the first place. Give them something they can get passionate about. Support them, make it easy for them to spread the word, and thank them when they do.
Your customers, supporters, and fans already love what you do. Chances are they would love to tell other people about your business. Make it easy for them.
Want to make it easy for your fans to promote you? Join the visual marketing DIY workshop where you’ll learn how to make shareable, pinnable images, badges, infographics and worksheets.
Latest posts by Karen Gunton (see all)
- How to Create Branded Buttons and Banners for Your Business - October 16, 2013
- How to Create an Infographic for Your Business - June 30, 2013
- What Happens to Your Brand When Your Business Evolves? - May 22, 2013